Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

What does "6.7% done!" mean?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

I leave for an hour or so, and when I come back, the main page says "6.7% done!". What does that mean?

Does it mean that ~4k classifications (~6.7% of 60k) have already been made? If so, are we zooites racing through these at a rate of ~1-2k/hour? 😮

Posted

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Yes, that's exactly right. This is amazing!!! So fast. We're now at 9.4%!!

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

AWESOME!!!!

Posted

• Johanson69 by Johanson69

Close to 15% after 6 hours... This is really impressive. Would the time schedule be changed if the classfications were finished withing the next few days? Or would you rather allow more classifications per object to warrant a better accuracy?

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Well, there's always the 'first day' burst, and the fact that, within the next few hours, both the US (home of more zooites than any other country) and Europe (#2; OK, region rather than country) will see its zooites sleeping, leaving our Asian and Australasian colleagues to try to keep up the pace ...

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

In the 24.5 hours since I started this thread, we've gone from 6.7% to 30.9%

WOW! 😄

That's ~1% per hour, or ~ten per minute; at this rate we'll have completed Phase 1 by some time on Monday!! 😮

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Now at 51.3%, which is an average of ~0.62% per hour since the first post in this discussion. At this rate it'll take another ~3.3 days to get to 100%, so some time on Wednesday ...

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Now at 62.8%, which is a marginal rate of ~0.26% per hour (since my last post). Definitely slowing down; at this (marginal) rate, it'll be another ~six days before we finish ... 😦

Posted