Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Why aren't classifications displayed, when clicking "Open Tools" in Talk ?

• zutopian by zutopian

When clicking "Open Tools" in Talk, there is a dashboard with data displayed, but the classifications are missing.
    Could you please add those?

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to zutopian's comment.

I'm not sure launching Tools from a link in a post in Talk is a foolproof way to get going, especially if you're unfamiliar with Tools.

Laura wrote a series of good "How-To-Guides", in the Galaxy Zoo blog: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4.

The URL for Tools is http://tools.zooniverse.org/

If you launch Tools, and once you've signed in (if necessary), you can follow the steps in the How-To-Guides to create a new dashboard, and download either the Quench Sample or Quench Control data (or both, sequentially)1. The Table view you get includes all the classifications.

If you're having difficulty with any aspect, please don't hesitate to ask! 😃

Oh, and don't forget that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers to use; I don't know how well Tools works in any other browser ...

1 You can only access the latest version of each catalog; the two earlier versions are no longer available (as far as I know).

Posted