Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Friday, August 8th -- New Version of Office Hours

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Dear all,

Office hours doesn't seem to be an effective route. It may be that 1-2pm CST is not ideal, or it may be that the nature of this type of forum lends itself better to a call and response approach throughout the day.

Other mods and Science Team are definitely welcome to post other office hours, but I think I'll return to simply "omnipresence at all times". Sort of joking, but now that my other deadlines are complete, I am very happy to have much more of my attention to give to what I am very hopeful will be a citizen science game-changer of an experiment.

With that said, today I'd recommend that if you haven't checked out the the following threads, they're a great place to start for this new phase.

As for me, I'll be back in about an hour and will be responding to questions and comments across the forum. If you have specific questions you'd like me to address, definitely cross post them here so I'm sure to see them.

Thanks!
    Laura

Posted

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Another post that would be great for folks to follow up on is
    http://quenchtalk.galaxyzoo.org/#/boards/BGS000000a/discussions/DGS00001xk

There's a very specific task needed to check what's going on in a set of anomalous post-quenched galaxies with negative mass values.

Posted