Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Slow Dashboard Loading in Tools

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Dear all,

Some of you may be experiencing 'slow dashboard loading' in Tools. When you pull up a previously made Dashboard or a new table within a Dashboard, there may be a frustrating slowness to how quickly it loads.

The first thing to do is to check if your browser might be caching the old version of the dashboard that had a
    bug that sometimes caused problems when loading.

Here are instructions for how to do that in Firefox as well as other browsers. Please post within this discussion if you have any difficulty following those instructions.

As far as the slowness, it's a result of how the browser manages your computer's memory. Ed is working on ways to make the dashboard experience smoother, and hopefully that will change soon.

If you find other related problems to 'slowness' within Tools, please post here. We'll then know what bugs/issues to follow up on.

Thank you! And keep on with your investigations!

Posted

• jules by jules moderator

Happy to report that Tools is working fine for me now after clearing the cache. I thought I already had but did it again anyway - so it might be worth trying if anyone if still having problems. I can also access other people's shared dashboards (well, at least the few I have had a look at) and download is also working - though there is still a wait of around 30 seconds after clicking "Download data" before the download box appears.

This is with Vista and Firefox.

So thanks team! 😃

Posted