Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Download data not working?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

I followed Downloading data from Tools onto your own computer, successfully, until the key step, "6) Click on 'Download data'."

Duly clicked, but "7) This creates a .csv (a text file) called navigator_data.csv.", um, no. No such file, and no browser dialog (I use FF) telling/asking me about this. 😦

Posted

• mlpeck by mlpeck

I was going to comment that this was the one operation I had managed to perform successfully, but sometime between 7 and 11 August "Download Data" stopped working. Either that or I forgot the magic sequence of clicks that made it work previously. I would find this annoying if I hadn't downloaded the most recent versions of both the quench and control sample data tables with the classifications added.

Posted

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Hi all,

Download data is now working. Ed, our fearless programmer, realized what the problem was and fixed it. Please post here if you continue to have problems downloading the data and we'll see if there are specific browser/setup issues we need to follow up on.

Thanks!

Posted

• lpspieler by lpspieler moderator in response to trouille's comment.

Hi Laura,

it works, but between clicking the download button and the appearance of the download dialog almost one minute passes.
    I think no-one can be expected to wait that long for a download to begin without any notice that the download is being prepared.

browser: 23.0.1 (Win Vista)

Posted

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Good to know. Have you tried to check if your computer is caching an old version of the Dashboard? Check out this post about how to fix that. Some of us who had old Dashboards were able to remove the slowness by following those instructions. But let me know if that doesn't help in your case. There may be another bug we've missed.

Thank you!!

Posted