Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

#tags and data

• wassock by wassock moderator

Is there any way that the tags assigned to objects during the classification phase can be attached to the data sets in tools? This would give a simple way to sort, for example, all the merging galaxies into one data set which can then be compared with something else.

Unless there's another way of doing this that someone knows of

Posted

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Today we're working on uploading the classification results into Tools. The first way we're doing this is to just to append another few columns to the post-quenched galaxy table and the control table. You can then create filters based on the results in those added columns.

I'll post once those are uploaded.

Is this what you're asking about, or something else?

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to trouille's comment.

That's very good news! 😄

I'm interested too, and already asked a similar question (How to access the full list of Quench hashtags?). What I'm interested in - and wassock too I think - is ... well, here's an example:

AGS00001us has the following hashtags (with $ replacing hash): $blue, $clumpy, $irregular, $tidal_debris. Is there a way to get a table (or similar) which has these four hashtags associated with AGS00001us? I'm not sure that there would be a way to do what wassock says (sort by hashtag 'ring', say), but just having the association would be a start.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator in response to trouille's comment.

Trouille, I'm assuming that the 'classification' will be the results of the "is it a blob or a disc? etc." bit what I' more interested in is the less formal #tags that have been attached to things. So looking at the list on the left I could extract the data for everything that has been tagged #spirala and see what that looks like

Posted