Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Help button has problems.

• michaelshopkins by michaelshopkins

Hitting the help button launches a help screen the is partial. I can see the start of a help page. It gives examples of smooth as well as features or disk. But the images for stars or artifacts are not visible, nor will does it allow the user to scroll down to see it. Scrolling was attempted with the scroll wheel of the mouse as will as the "page down", "end", and cursor down buttons of the keyboard. I am using System 7 and Firefox, both are up-to-date.

Since starting to type the above, I thought of going full screen which let me see the last set of images. I don't think we can expect everyone to think of doing that or going through source codes. It might be better instead having a help button, it should be a link which opens into a new window or tab. That should work without issue for everyone.

Posted

• trouille by trouille scientist, moderator, admin

Hello,

Could you test again and let me know. I thought this was fixed, but perhaps not yet.

If you try in Chrome and/or Safari, does it work fine? Not that I expect people to switch to these, but just as a sanity check since those work on my setup?

Thanks!

Posted

• stuart.lynn by stuart.lynn admin, scientist

I think this should be resolved now. The scrolling should be better. Let me know if you are still having issues

Cheers

stuart

Posted