Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Brooke, on Quench

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Earlier today, over in the GZ forum, zutopian posted this:

I sent a PM in Talk to GZ astronomer Brooke aka vrooje and received below reply. She gave permission to make her PM public here.

The meeting this year was internal only. In past years various science team members and zooites were invited to attend, but this year the situation is a little different, in part because of funding issues. The team has also recently expanded greatly, both in Oxford and Chicago, so the meeting was mostly about making sure the expansion goes smoothly from an internal, technical standpoint. Almost nobody who is solely a science team member was invited either, unlike last year.

We did talk about a number of things that have been discussed on Talk, the blogs and the forums, including the Quench project and Talk itself. Whenever possible I referred to conversations that I have had in the past with zooites at all seniority and experience levels, including moderators and newcomers. And I suspect everyone will be hearing more about some of the things we discussed (though I don't know exactly when).

Cheers,

-Brooke

Interesting to know that Quench was discussed ....

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

Over in Galaxy Zoo GitHub, willettk (Kyle Willett, I presume) posted this, on Thursday at 3:21 PM (that's 29 May):

Modified front-page text and timeline for GZ Quench

As I didn't keep a copy, I can't be sure what's changed (I guess I need to learn how to 'read' GitHub), but this certainly contains something new (from the front-page):

TBD: Stage 3 Submit article draft to the Galaxy Zoo science team for internal review

TBD: Submit article to a professional journal

Posted