Galaxy Zoo Starburst Talk

Christmas

• jules by jules moderator

Christmas preparations and other commitments are likely to prevent me from contributing much over the next 2 weeks or so. I will try to keep an eye on things and will work on the reduced sample (when we decide it's final size!) whenever I can with a view to sharing the results (re merger signatures and redshift) in the New Year. I know none of us expected to still be working on this 5 months in - but I think we have learned a lot about this kind of collaborative project and I look forward to some good results in 2014.

So here's an early Happy Christmas from me to those who celebrate. 😄

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Thanks jules.

I'll likely be still working on Quench for another ten days or so (internet connections permitting! so far today it's good, touch wood), but may be pretty much off until ~3 Jan.

What about you other zooites, who are still left? ChrisMolloy? Laura? mlpeck? zutopian?

Posted

• zutopian by zutopian in response to JeanTate's comment.

I am going to participate until end of the year, but I haven't the intention to continue next year, though it is actually an interesting project.:
    I didn't analyse data, but just posted some comments and currently, I check the "778" sample for possible outliers. I guess, that I am going to complete it next week. Otherwise I have no further purposes.

Posted

• mlpeck by mlpeck

I'm not going anywhere except back home in a few days, where I will have better monitors and other resources (including time) available.

I am, however, prone to fly off on tangents. Right now I'm finding neighbors of quench sample objects to be more interesting than the sample itself. It seems there are more bona-fide spectroscopic companions than I would have guessed.

Posted

• ChrisMolloy by ChrisMolloy

I'll be around most of the time (with the odd few days off) till the middle of January, when I'll be away for about 10 days.

Posted